Workshops and Counseling Sessions
TRS is currently conducting workshops and counseling sessions virtually and, if permitted, in-person. If you have an upcoming workshop or counseling session or are signing up for an event, please take note of the physical location or if it is a virtual event. Your safety is important to us and we want to make sure you can continue to be informed about your retirement benefit.
If you would like to schedule an appointment, please log in to your account at my TRS Log In and select Appointment/Event Registration and then select Atlanta Office, Macon Office, or Statewide Events.
We appreciate your cooperation.
Important TRS Event Reminder: If you receive solicitations that you are unsure about, please forward those to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call at 404-352-6500 and we can verify if we are participating in that event or not. If you suspect an unethical practice or notice an unauthorized use of TRS material, please notify us as soon as possible.
TRS Half-Day (In-person and Virtual) Pre-Retirement Seminar @ Middle Georgia State University
January 22 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm
- Estate Planning and Legal Issues: Obtain estate planning information, including wills, taxes, and asset protection from an estate expert.
- Social Security: Learn about the benefit formula, eligibility rules, WEP/GPO issues, spousal benefits, statements, and more from a Social Security expert. A SS statement will be reviewed. You may want to have yours available to follow along.
- TRS: Receive an overview of eligibility rules, the TRS benefit formula, benefit options, unused sick leave credit, service purchases, and more from an experienced TRS staff member.
- Login into your TRS account
- Select Appointment/Event Registration
- Click Statewide Events
- Enter your zip code. You may have to expand your search radius to 200 miles
- Select the Half Day Pre-Retirement Seminar @ Middle Georgia State on 1/22/22
- Fill out the form and submit