Retirement is within reach and it’s time to get serious about it! This workshop will provide you with the information and resources you need to help you map out your retirement plan.
Topics discussed during this workshop include:
- Planning your retirement-date, finances, etc.
- Retirement plans and benefits-survivorship plans, partial lump-sum option.
- The importance of naming beneficiaries.
- Calculating your benefit-the benefit formula.
- Applying for retirement-easy steps to make your retirement seamless.
- Benefit payments-including tax information, health and dental insurance, COLAs.
- Benefit estimates and counseling opportunities.
- Legal considerations and financial planning.
- Adjusting to retirement.
- Resources to help you be successful.
Active members within 5 years of retirement.
A TRS Retirement Counselor or Retirement Planner.
Approximately 90 minutes.
An interest in learning about your TRS benefits and any questions you may have.
We offer workshops at our Atlanta office, as well as at various locations throughout the State. You can register for any location via your online TRS account. To register, click on the Account Login button above. Select “Active Member”, login, and click on Register for an Event. Pick the event and time of your choice. You will receive an automatic e-mail confirmation upon your successful registration.
Please note: Individual counseling appointments are not available during this workshop. You must register for a pre-retirement counseling session separately.