As you continue your career as an educator, it is important to revisit your retirement plan and stay abreast of new information and legislation that may affect your retirement benefit. This workshop will provide you with an overview about the services TRS offers, along with an update on what’s going on in the retirement arena-both at TRS and in the state legislature.
Topics discussed during this workshop include:
- An overview of TRS services and retirement plans.
- Financial overview of TRS.
- Withdrawing your TRS service.
- The difference between being an active vs. inactive member.
- Creditable service, including sick leave.
- Death in service.
- Calculating your benefit.
- Resources to help you be successful.
Active members with 10-24 years of service.
A TRS Retirement Planner.
An interest in learning about your TRS benefits and any questions you may have.
Click on the Account Login button above, select “Active Member”, login, and click on Register for an Event. Pick the event and time of your choice. You will receive an automatic e-mail confirmation upon your successful registration.