Leaving Funds with TRS or Withdrawing Your Funds
If you are thinking about switching careers, moving out of state, or taking a break from education, it may sound tempting to withdraw your funds and receive a lump-sum payment of your contributions and interest. However, that decision may come back to haunt you when you’re ready to enjoy those golden years in retirement.
Please consider the following before you make that irrevocable decision.
- Maximizing Your Benefit
- Calculating Your Benefit
- Retirement Benefit Options
- Service Credit
- Unused Sick Leave Credit at Retirement
- Active vs Inactive Accounts
- Leaving Funds with TRS or Withdrawing Your Funds
- Annual Member Statement
- Life Changes
- At Your Death – Survivor’s Benefits
- Disability Retirement
- Risk & Debt Management
- Supplementing Your TRS Benefit