As a reporting employer, if you merge with another reporting employer or consolidate, the new or remaining employer is responsible for submitting notice to TRS.

The new employer is responsible for sending copies of any official documents related to the consolidation, such as contracts, legislation, and meeting transcripts.

The following information must be provided to TRS before the consolidation:

  • Names and state entity numbers of the employers that are consolidating. If either employer is a charter school, TRS will require its state charter agreement and state entity number.
  • The effective date of the consolidation
  • Legal name and address of the new employer
  • Name, address, phone number, and email address of the contact person responsible for TRS reporting
  • Names and social security numbers of TRS members who will transfer to the newly formed employer